My writing on the topic:
- No Justification for routine neonatal circumcision, part 1, fallacious medical arguments
- No Justification for routine neonatal circumcision, part 2, unmerited social support
The first article includes a lot of links to information supporting the assertions I've made.
- Those links are also included among the links below on this page.
- Doctor Discusses Circumcision Controversy
- The Prepuce Anatomy and Physiology of the Foreskin
Video I originally had linked here was removed from youtube, but this one is excellent.
- Child Circumcision: An Elephant in the Hospital ♦
- Whose body, whose rights
- Difference Between: Male & Female Circumcision
- Discussion after screening of the movie "Cut."
- Related to Cut, the Film: Debate with Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
Eli Ungar-Sargon offers facts and logic; Rabbi Shmuley preaches, ridicules, and mocks, even after hearing evidence.
- Brian D Earp, scientist and ethicist; discusses why there's no moral difference between male and female circumcision. ††
- More from Brian D Earp on comparing male circumcision to female circumcision †††
- Brian D. Earp; Female genital mutilation and male circumcision: toward an autonomy-based ethical framework
- The Penis - Sex education 101 ††††
- Water Bear Brigade: Circumcision, male and female
Doctors on Circumcision:
- Doctors Opposing Circumcision HIV Statement
- Medical Association Position Statements
- Doctors Opposing Circumcision - Publications
- Medical Organizations Statements on Circumcision
- How the circumcision solution in Africa will increase HIV infections
Circumcision as a prophylactic against STIs and cancer
- NORM COHEN: Circumcision AIDS Fraud
- U.S. Navy Finds That Circumcision Does Not Prevent HIV or STIs
- Male Circumcision and the HIV/AIDS Myth
- Circumcision and Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Circumstitions.com: Circumcision and the HIV prevention myth
- Circumcision in HIV-infected men and its effect on HIV transmission to female partners in Rakai, Uganda: a randomised controlled trial
- PrePex in Rwanda: Male Circumcision Associated with Higher HIV Transmission and Higher Profits
- Sub-Saharan and African randomized clinical trials into male circumcision and HIV transmission: Methodological, ethical, and legal concerns
- STD prevalence over time: Europe vs U.S.
- American Cancer Society: Penile cancer and circumcision
- Circumcision the most common risk factor for hepatitis B & C infection in men in Nigeria †
- Phimosis: Is circumcision necessary?
- Leaked Audio Shows Doctors’ Association LYING About Effects Of Circumcision On The Penis
- Ritual circumcision and risk of autism spectrum disorder in 0- to 9-year-old boys: national cohort study in Denmark
- Adult Circumcision Outcomes Study: Effect on Erectile Function, Penile Sensitivity, Sexual Activity and Satisfaction
- Alexithymia and Circumcision Trauma: A Preliminary Investigation
- Male circumcision and sexual function in men and women: a survey-based, cross-sectional study in Denmark
Circumcision was associated with frequent orgasm difficulties in Danish men and with a range of frequent sexual difficulties in women, notably orgasm difficulties, dyspareunia and a sense of incomplete sexual needs fulfillment.
- Estimated U.S. Incidence of Neonatal Circumcision Complications (physical only) Affecting Males Born between 1940 and 1990
- 100+ circumcision deaths each year in United States
- Lost Boys: An Estimate of U.S. Circumcision-Related Infant Deaths
- Toddler's tragic death after circumcision
- Baby dies in circumcision
- A Gallery of Botched Circumcisions[NSFW]
- Male Circumcision: Pain, Trauma and Psychosexual Sequelae
- Study Links Circumcision to Personality Trait Disorder
Changes in the practice
- Circumcision: Who Profits?
- Wrinkle Treatment Uses Babies' Foreskins
- Interest in circumcision more than foreskin deep
- Sale of Neonatal Dermal Fibroblasts is quite lucrative.
- Hair Loss Treatment Uses Baby Foreskins
- Human Foreskins are Big Business for Cosmetics
- The Foreskin Mafia
- American Bias (1) (2)
- NoCirc.com Articles on Circumcision
For Jewish Readers:
- How “Cut” Saved My Son’s Foreskin: A Movie Review By Diane Targovnik
- Cut, the film Q & A
- Jewish Circumcision Critics Integral in National Circumcision Debate
- Jewish Circumcision: An Alternative Perspective by Jenny Goodman, MD.
- On Alternative Rituals by Ronald Goldman, Ph.D.
- Jewish Intactivism: Circumcision Resources
- Jewish Intactivism Part II
- Jewish Intactivism Part III, More Jewish Parents Are Skipping Circumcision, Keeping New Sons Intact
- Jewish Voices: The Current Judaic Movement to End Circumcision: Part 1
- Jewish Voices: The Current Judaic Movement to End Circumcision: Part 2
- Jewish Voices: The Current Judaic Movement to End Circumcision: Part 3
- Jewish Circumcision Resource Center
- Jews Against Circumcision
- Beyond the Bris
- Brit Shalom
- What is a Jewish Bris Shalom (Covenant Without Cutting)? A 'Bloodless Bris' is Becoming Popular Among American Jews
How Judaic is circumcision? An Israeli Hebrew scholar on Biblical intactivism.
- 100+ Rabbis and Celebrants who lead intact covenant ceremonies worldwide.
- Song for a Brit Shalom.
- Bris B'lee Milah Ceremony
- A Bris Shalom Ceremony
- Rabbis on a Brit Shalom / Covenant without Circumcision
- Humanistic Jewish Movement is Increasingly Intactivist
- Jewish Ethical Advancement, the Foreskin, and Human Rights | Part 1.
- Jewish Ethical Advancement, the Foreskin, and Human Rights | Part 2.
- Jewish Ethical Advancement, the Foreskin, and Human Rights | Part 3.
- Cut: A Movie by a Jewish Intactivist.
- Questioning Circumcision. A Jewish Perspective By Ron Goldman, Ph.D.
- Beyond the Bris Weblog by Rebecca Wald.
- Jews Against Circumcision (Bay Area)
- Jewish Family in Vancouver Canada Opts for a Brit Shalom
- A Jewish Father's Brit Shalom Journey
- Laura Stanley: A Jewish Woman and Midwife Denounces Circumcision
- Tikkun: Michael Kimmel: The Kindest Un-Cut: Feminism, Judaism, and My Son's Foreskin
- Circumcision Questions (Letter from an Intact Jew). | Published in the Northern California Jewish Bulletin.
- Jewish Daily Forward: Outlawing Circumcision: Good for the Jews? By Eli Ungar-Sargon. Published in the Jewish Daily Forward.
- Dear Elijah: A Conservative Jewish Father's Letter to His Intact Son | Published on Peaceful Parenting.
- Stacey Greenberg: My Son: The Little Jew with a Foreskin
- How Male Circumcision Harms Women
- Why feminists should be anti-circumcision
- Similarities in Attitudes and Misconceptions toward Infant Male Circumcision in North America and Ritual Female Genital Mutilation in Africa
- Female circumcision does not reduce sexual activity
- The Association between Female Genital Mutilation ( FGM ) and the Risk of HIV/AIDS in Kenyan Girls and Women (15-49 Years)
- Yes to female circumcision?
- Medical benefits of female circumcision
- INDONESIA: Health official claims 'female circumcision is not genital mutilation'
- Two studies have reported that FGC is associated with decreased risk of HIV.
*Note - many of these links I obtained either from this page or by researching broken/outdated links on it. I've put them here to have them in a place that's easy to find. I will update this page as I run across new links.
**Thanks to Gaius Baltar for the link to the timeline of the medicalization of circumcision
† Thanks to reddit.com's iwasnotshadowbanned for the link on the prevalence of circumcision as a risk factor among Nigerian men.
†† Thanks to reddit.com's adreamtomeat for the first link to Brian D Earp's writing
††† Thanks to Nathan Phillips for the second link to Brian D Earp's writing
†††† Thanks to Black Knight Fool for the link to the video The Penis - Sex education 101
♦ Thanks to Imperfect God Mode for the link to the video The Elephant in the Hospital.